I will start with the story of Mark Zuckerberg who is the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Facebook.
- Mark Zuckerberg is among the youngest billionaires in the world.
- He is only 28 years old and his net worth is $13.3 billion as of March 2013.
- Zuckerberg prefers wearing jeans, shirts or hoodies, and sandals over expensive suits and leather shoes.
- His wedding with Priscilla Chan was held in his backyard. And the couple were seen eating at McDonald’s while they were on their honeymoon in Italy.
Just like Mark, I was trained in the temple of Shaolin when it comes to living modestly and having no pretensions.
How can you practice simplicity in a complicated and highly materialistic world?
Never compare yourself with others.
There are only two things that CAN happen.
It is either you get disappointed because others are better off than you, or you will be proud because you are better off than others.
Either way, both are unhealthy.
Why buy branded ones, if you can only afford the simple one?
Why buy multiple pairs of shoes if you can only afford one?
Why buy it through your credit card, if you cannot afford to pay in cash?
I have nothing against buying branded and high ticket items as long as you can afford it and it won’t bring you into debt.
Some people seem to fall into the trap of living the lifestyles of the rich and famous.
They keep on buying things that will make them feel good.
They keep on acquiring luxury items even if they only below to the low income bracket.
When it comes to living simply, the issue is not what you want to buy but rather how much you can really afford.
Choose to live in contentment and simplicity.
For godliness with contentment is great gain, as the bible says.
“Live a lifestyle of SIMPLICITY with CONTENTMENT”
-Chinkee Tan, Top Motivational Speaker Philippines
THINK. REFLECT. APPLY.
- What is your current lifestyle like?
- What do you think is the wiser alternative?
- Making more but living in simplicity?
- Or Making just enough but living in luxury.
Are you having a hard time saving money? Do you want to know the best ways to save money and how to save money fast? Are you willing to take money saving challenges so that you can manage your finances?
Become an Iponaryo this year and sign-up for Ipon Pa More event here,